How to Target Your B2B Marketing Audiences
All prospects have characteristics that make them unique. By tracking these characteristics, your organization will be in a better position to segment your prospect list into groups based on similar traits. But all of that depends on how you segment your prospects in the first place. You need to expand your thinking beyond simple demographics like Job title and Industry. Segment people based on more specific information that has an actual impact on your business.
Our Macro consultants will help you discover the best way to segment your marketing database. Learn how to implement it within your marketing automation solution. This will empower you to:
- Craft a unique message specific to each segment;
- Open up your list to lead scoring, which helps your sales team focus on high-value opportunities.
Account Target Lists
Your account target lists is a key starting point in any Account Based Marketing (ABM) strategy. The list can be created in several ways:
- Define the ideal profile for your buyers
- What factors determine your most valuable customers?
- What factors would indicate possible buying interest?
Data-Driven Buying Personas
Far too many companies want to be everything to everyone. The hard truth of it is that there is no such thing.
Every business has a core set of ideal customers with whom they work best. The key to success is, at first, to identify the characteristics that make up these key buying personas. Next, focus marketing and sales’ efforts on producing a message that speaks to people with similar traits.
These buying personas are and should be driven by the data you collect. Macro will provide one-on-one consultation to craft these buying personas using the segmented data found in your marketing automation solution, and set up the profiles and lists accordingly within your software.
Know who your customers are and how to pursue them. Planning your customer-focused marketing campaigns is the most critical phase for your successful marketing strategy rollout. This will answer all your important questions:
- Who are your customers?
- Which pain points they need help with?
- Why do they buy from you?
- Where are your customers gathering?
- How do you meet them in the market place?
- When should you engage with them?
- What campaigns should attract them? Which channels should you use? What content do they need?
Your marketing technologies already have a lot of your customer data; you just need to unlock it. Many companies simply collect data with no thought as to how to best utilize this in their sales process, or have mistaken ideas about which information is most valuable to their business.
Managing Your Marketing Database
It’s critical that you take important steps to manage your marketing database. These steps will help you better organize and grow your marketing database so you can filter out what data is needed, and what isn’t. These steps include:
- Creating engaging content to capture new leads
- Regularly examining and cleaning out your data
- Filtering out bots and other spam leads
- Pursuing channel marketing strategies and opportunities